Thank you for thinking of fundraising for the Grace Kelly Childhood Cancer Trust - here are some fundraising ideas to get you started.
Auction - from selling items on eBay to holding a large sale, it all helps.
Ball or dance event, bakesale.
Charity of the year opportunity at work or a cycle tour.
- Dine in with friends instead of eating out and donate the funds saved.
- Easyfundraising: sign up and nominate the Grace Kelly Childhood Cancer Trust when you shop at no cost to you. Be sure to shop through the app though to fundraise. You can sign up to gift aid on here too to raise that little extra.
- Fun event. Holding a family fun day or school fayre can be great fun.
- Gifts and celebrations. Do you have an upcoming important birthday, celebration or party? What about asking for donations instead of presents? It can be a great way of helping whilst having fun..
- Hair cut (or hair shave). Could you grow your hair then have it cut or shaved in return for sponsorship? If over 7 inches are cut off this can be donated as well to the Little Princess Trust.
- In Memory. Losing a loved one can be devastating, even more so if the loved one is a child. Setting up a fundraising page in their memory can be a lovely way to honour their memory. Please do contact us for more details.
- Jumble sale. It is amazing how much these can make!
- Karaoke night. Dance the night away and raise funds.
- Line of coins – competition to make the longest coin snake and donate the proceeds.
- Mini Olympics or sports' day challenge at school.
- Night at the races, nearly new sale
- Odd job day or car wash
- Personal challenge such as a run (from 5k to marathon), hike or bike ride
- Quiz - great to get groups of friends together for a giggle
- Raffle - By contacting local businesses for prizes. This can be a great way of raising funds with little start-up costs.
- Sponsored event – a sky dive (or other adrenaline challenges), swim or silence.
- Tombola, treasure hunt or a teddy bears picnic – book the day with friends and off you go. Maybe you could do a few games too, such as guess the sweets in the jar
- Uniform free day or dress down day at work
- Valentine’s ball / variety show
- Wedding favours, wine tasting – great fun for all involved!
- Xmas jumpers – a speciality of the Grace Kelly Childhood Cancer Trust! Wear your jumpers, donate and kick start your Christmas whilst helping others.
- Yoga marathon – get sponsored to do yoga for a whole day or do a relay with friends
Fundraising can be so much fun! From bake sales and runs to asking for donations instead of birthday presents, there really is something that anyone can try.